The USDA Forest Service released its Urban & Community Forestry Inflation Reduction Act Grants – Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) on April 12th. Application Deadline: June 1, 2023 by 8:59 Pacific Time/ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Award notifications will be announced by October 1, 2023.
National IRA Grant Resources
- USDA Forest Service Urban and Community Forestry (UCF) IRA Grants Page
- This national level webpage is a hub for resources and information related to the IRA Grants funding opportunity.
- UCF IRA Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Summary Information
- This PDF document summarizes the NOFO released on April 12, 2023.
- UCF IRA NOFO on Grants.gov
- The 2023 Inflation Reduction Act for Urban and Community Forestry grant opportunities can be viewed on Grants.gov using the opportunity number: USDA-FS-2023-UCF-IRA-01.
- UCF IRA NOFO Online Grant Application Portal
- The Online Grant Application Portal covers the full text of the Funding Opportunity, FAQs, key dates, training webinar registration, and forms, templates and resources. Applicants will ultimately submit their proposals through the Portal.
- UCF Federal Financial Assistance Forms and Templates Page
- This page on the Online Grant Portal hosts a variety of forms, templates and resources to assist grant applicants in the application process. All files are available for download.
- UCF IRA NOFO Frequently Asked Questions
- This page answers questions related to funding opportunity and using the Online Application Grant Portal. Under each topic are definitions, instructions, and any related questions and answers that may be relevant to the topic.
UCF IRA NOFO General Training Webinars
- USDA Forest Service’s Urban and Community Forestry Program will host a series of two webinars will review how to use the online application portal and application requirements. These webinars will be recorded and put on the portal website afterward.
- April 18, 2023 – Overview of the NOFO: Recording available
- April 25, 2023 – How to Use the Grant Portal: Recording available
- CAUFC Hosted Webinar with Miranda Hutten from the USDA Forest Service’s Pacific Southwest Region
- April 20, 2023 @ 12 Noon PST: Recording available
- Getting Started Video Tutorial – How to Navigate and access resources and documents for your grant application.
- Creating and Submitting an Application Video Tutorial
- Accessing Your Saved Application Video Tutorial
Pacific Southwest Regional Resources
- Regional UCF homepage with all the links in this email and recorded webinars: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r5/communityforests/?cid=stelprdb5341641
- A document that highlights tools available to qualify for match waiver: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd1101634.pdf
- For grant opportunity assistance and questions, contact: SM.FS.UCF_IRA@usda.gov
- For technical assistance with the online Grant Portal and for help uploading .pdf files, contact: email@example.com