Arbor Week Poster Contest
For California youth ages 5-12
Arbor Week Poster Contest
2024 Theme: I ❤️ Trees Because…
Attention Young Artists!
Each year, California kicks off Arbor Week (March 7 – 14) with a Youth Poster Contest. During Arbor Week, we celebrate how trees make our neighborhoods cooler, healthier, and safer for everyone.
Join the celebration! We invite California Youth age 5 -12 to creatively share their love and knowledge of trees in a piece of art. This year’s theme is “I ❤️ Trees Because…”
Did you know trees are powerful and do many wonderful things for us every day?
- Trees shade and cool our neighborhoods
- Trees purify our air and water
- Trees provide healthy food and homes for wildlife
- Trees take carbon dioxide out of the air and create oxygen for us to breathe
- Trees make us healthier by encouraging people to get outside to play and exercise
- Trees help humans relax and feel calmer and can even help us do better on schoolwork
Trees can make a big difference in creating healthy communities, which is why it is so important that we plant and care for trees all over California, especially in communities that don’t have enough tree cover.
Think about this year’s theme, “I ❤️ Trees Because…” and what that means to you – and then make it into a poster! Visit our Benefits of Trees Page to learn more and get inspired by the power of trees!
A committee will review all submitted posters and select the statewide finalists. Each winner will receive a cash prize ranging from $25 to $100 and a printed copy of their poster. The top winning posters will be unveiled at the Arbor Week press conference and will then be on the California ReLeaf and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) websites and shared via social media channels.
Share the Contest with a friend! Download our Arbor Week Poster Contest Flyer!
Thank you to our 2024 Poster Contest Sponsor, Blue Shield of California!
2024 Poster Contest Guidelines
2024 THEME: I ❤️ Trees Because…
- The submittal must be original art created by a California youth between the ages of 5-12 years old.
POSTER SIZE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Artwork must be between 8.5”x11” and 14”x18” and on paper that allows for duplication.
- Entry should not be matted, mounted, laminated, framed, or folded.
- The artist’s first and last name must be written or signed on the front lower right-hand corner of the poster.
- The theme phrase I ❤️ Trees Because… must appear somewhere on the poster.
- The poster must be related to the theme.
ENTRY DUE DATE: Monday, February 12, 2024 (postmarked)
HOW TO ENTER:
- Send the original art along with the Entry Form by February 12, 2024 (postmarked) via mail to California ReLeaf at 2115 J Street, Suite 213, Sacramento, CA 95816. All entries will become the property of California ReLeaf and cannot be returned.
- If you are unable to mail the artwork to us, high-quality digital replications (photographs or scans) are eligible. However, if the piece is selected as a finalist, the original will need to be arranged to be sent.
- A committee will review all submitted posters and select the statewide finalists.
- Each winner will receive a cash prize ranging from $25 to $100 and a printed copy of their poster (18 x 24 inches).
- The top winning posters are unveiled at the Arbor Week press conference and will then be on the California ReLeaf and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) websites and shared via social media channels.
- Winning Posters will be announced on March 7th via our updates page and our social media channels.
- Winning Posters will also be featured on our Poster Contest Hall of Fame listing on our website (see below).
QUESTIONS? Contact Us arborweek[at]californiareleaf.org
Poster Contest Winners Hall of Fame
California Arbor Week Sponsors
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”–Chinese Proverb