Forms and Information for Completing Your ReLeaf Grant
Project & Reporting Resources
- Relief through ReLeaf Quarterly Progress Report (Online form)
- Relief through ReLeaf QPR Questions (Word Document – download from google)
- Relief through ReLeaf Final Report Form (PDF)
- Treecovery Quarterly Progress Report (Online form)
- Treecovery QPR Questions (Word Document)
- Urban Forest Management Quarterly Progress Report (Online form)
- UFM QPR Questions (Word Document – download from google)
- UFM Final Report Form (PDF)
Marketing & Signage
- Here are logos for ReLeaf, CAL FIRE, and CCI for use on your marketing materials and signage
- Looking for inspiration for your project signage? Look at these examples from past grantees.
- Don’t want to design your own acknowledgment sign? Use our customizable acknowledgment sign templates below – and resize them if needed. A free account with Canva is required to access, edit, and download the templates. If you are a nonprofit, you can get a FREE Canva Pro for Nonprofits account by applying on their website. Canva also has some great tutorials to help you get started. Need some graphic design help? Watch our Graphics Design Webinar!
Relief through ReLeaf Grant Acknowledgment Sign Templates
Treecovery Grant Acknowledgment Sign Templates
Tree Selection and Planning
- Successful trees planting starts with selection. Read about important steps in the ReLeaf guide, Trees for the 21st Century
- SelecTree – This program designed by the Urban Forestry Ecosystems Institute at Cal Poly is a tree selection database for California. You can find the best tree to plant by attribute or by zip code.
- Tree Quality Cue Card – When you’re at the nursery, this cue card helps you choose the best quality tree stock to plant. Available in English or Spanish.
- The Sunset Western Garden Book can tell you more about your area’s hardiness zone and appropriate plants for your climate.
- WUCOLS provides an assessment of irrigation water needs for over 3,500 species.
- Getting ready to host a tree planting event takes some planning – Check out our Tree Planting Event Toolkit to get you started.
Planting & Care
- California ReLeaf Educational Webinar: Tree Care Through Establishment with guest speaker Doug Wildman
- Printable Tree-Planting Guide (TreePeople)
- ANSI A300 Standards
- Tree Planting Cue Card – This card from the Urban Tree Foundation helps you remember the important steps you can take to help your tree get the best start possible. The card is available in English or Spanish.
- Trees and Drought – Water Wise Tree Care (ReLeaf)
- Pest and Disease information (Canopy)
- Common Tree Problems and Possible Solutions (Friends of the Urban Forest)
- Pruning Cue Card. It is recommended to prune your tree in the first few years after it’s been planted to gradually create good structure and form. The card is available in English or Spanish.
- Pruning Guidance and Videos (Sacramento Tree Foundation)
- View more on our resources page.
The Power of Trees Customizable Flyer Template
- Help spread the word about the Benefits of Urban Trees!
- Customize our flyer template “Power of Trees” which outlines the benefits of trees and why they are important to help our families, community, and world. All you need to do is add your logo, website, social media handle(s), and organization tagline or contact information.
- A free account with Canva is required to access, edit, and download the template. If you are a nonprofit, you can get a FREE Canva Pro for Nonprofits account by applying on their website. Canva also has some great tutorials to help you get started. Need some graphic design help? Watch our Graphics Design Webinar!