California ReLeaf is pleased to announce $50,000 in funding for 2023 California Arbor Week to celebrate the value of trees for all Californians. This program is sponsored by Edison International. Arbor Week celebrations are wonderful community engagement and education events about the importance of trees in promoting community health and combating climate change. Historically, they have provided a great opportunity to engage a wide range of volunteers.
Depending on the COVID-19 impact locally, projects can include in-person events and/or virtual engagement and education (often before the tree planting), and other COVID-safe activities, such as watering and monitoring the trees after planting.
If you are interested in receiving a stipend to celebrate California Arbor Week, please review the criteria and details below.
- Stipends will range from $3,000 – $5,000, estimating 10-12 grants awarded.
- Project awards must be to organizations with projects within Southern California Edison’s service area.
- Priority will be given to underserved or low-income communities, neighborhoods with fewer existing trees, as well as communities that have not had recent access to urban forestry funding.
- 50% of the stipend will be paid upon award announcement, with the remaining 50% upon receipt and approval of your final report.
- Grant Information Webinar: Watch the recording on our YouTube Channel or scroll down below to view the recording.
- Grant Applications Due: Extended to Friday, January 13th at Noon. Applications Now Closed.
- Estimated Grant Award Notifications: January 18, 2023.
- Project Completion Deadline: May 31, 2023.
- Final Report Due: June 15, 2023. Read the final report questions. Please note final reports are required to be submitted via our online form.
- Urban forest nonprofits or community organizations who do tree planting, tree care education, or are interested in adding this to their projects/programs.
- Must be a 501(c)3 or have/find a fiscal sponsor.
- Events must occur within the service areas of Southern California Edison. (Map)
- Projects must be completed by May 31, 2023.
- Project reports must be completed by June 15, 2023.
Sponsor Engagement & Recognition:
You will be expected to engage with Edison International in order to coordinate California Arbor Week publicity as well as to offer volunteer opportunities for Southern California Edison personnel. You will be expected to recognize Edison International by:
- Posting their logo on your website and promotional materials as a sponsor for your Arbor Week grant event.
- Tagging and recognizing them as a sponsor for your Arbor Week project on social media.
- Offering them time to speak briefly at your celebration event.
- Thanking them during your celebration event.
Questions? Contact Victoria Vasquez 916.497.0035; grantsadmin[at]californiareleaf.org
Southern California Edison Service Area Map