We recognize you are receiving a high volume of information about how to deal with COVID-19. Below are some resources on tree planting and care during COVID and emergency relief.
Webinar: Tree Planting & Care During COVID
Tree Activities During COVID Zoom Chat Session
To complement the webinar, ReLeaf will also be hosting a session via Zoom on Friday, September 18 at 11 am. We plan to open the discussion for peer to peer guidance on how to continue planting and caring for trees during COVID. This session will not be recorded. You can talk about any particular COVID challenges your organization is facing as well as share and bounce ideas. Register here!
Webinar: Network Conversation About Coronavirus
Tree Care During COVID
Examples from ReLeaf and Network Members on Safety:
- California ReLeaf’s Safety Protocols Recommendations and Sample of Volunteer Sign Up Sheet
- Your Children’s Trees: YCT COVID Tree Care Volunteer Procedures
- Our City Forest: Curbside Pickup Program and Alternative Activities.
- Canopy: Covid-19 Canopy Field Policy, Online Tree Learning, and Purple Air.
- See examples of COVID liability forms: Example 1 and Example 2.
- CAL FIRE’s Urban and Community Forestry Program
- Check out COVID information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and California Department of Public Health.
- Check out the webinar by Trees Forever called “Trees Naturally Social Distance (and So Can You!).”
Government Funding Support Resources (Fed, State, and Small Business Administration)
- California Small Business Loan Guarantee Program (via IBank) $50 million in state funding, providing potential capital for individuals who do not qualify for federal funds.
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Webpage
- Forgivable loans on the way for Nonprofits from the two trillion dollars Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) signed by the president on 3/27/20. Loans are forgivable if the nonprofit or for-profit keeps staff on the payroll between March 1 and June 30, 2020.
- CalChamber Resources: This page provides links to CalChamber, federal, state and local resources.
- The Philanthropy California team vetted the list of response funds below to help you direct resources to the most vulnerable communities. They are updating their response funds list daily.
Funding and Donor Relations Recommendations
- Paper Wings: Navigating COVID-19 for Nonprofits
- River Network Pandemic Resources: including what to do if your fundraising event is canceled, and how to catch donors’ attention, and tips for working from home.
- Network for Good Resources: Here’s a list of blog posts, articles, webinars, and customer resources – check back as the Network For Good continues updating the page with more tips on fundraising in times of crisis.
- Philanthropy California’s disaster resilience team is coordinating with state agencies and partners to respond to the threat and potential impacts of COVID-19/Coronavirus. Check out their upcoming webinar events.
- Market Drops and Crisis: Fundraising Lessons and Your Lighthouse
Working from Home: Tips & Resources
- Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies: Effective Remote Working.
- Forbes: Coronavirus Have You Working Remotely? 5 Tips To Work From Home
Multi-Topic Info Sites
- Cal Chamber Resources: This page has podcasts on remote working and top resources for employers: Link to resources page.
- Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies: COVID-19 Resources