California ReLeaf is now seeking proposals for its second cycle of the Treecovery grant program! If you have a project idea to green your neighborhood, engage communities provide workforce development opportunities, and expand the capacity of local community groups, we want to hear about it. Proposals are due Jan 31, 2022 February 7, 2022.
The Treecovery Grant Program is funded by a grant from the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), which received money in the 2018-2019 State Budget from the California Climate Investments Program to support projects that combat climate change. The program is similar to California ReLeaf’s Social Equity Urban Forest Grant Program, but places more emphasis on supporting staff, community rebuilding, and vulnerable populations.
All funded projects must reduce greenhouse gasses. While significant focus will be on supporting projects located in disadvantaged and low-income communities, 20% of the funds will be open to state-wide competition in all communities.
- Informational Overview (English) (PDF)
- Informational Overview (Español) (PDF)
- Treecovery Cycle 1 Application Guidance Webinar (Video link)
- Cycle 2 Grant Guidelines (PDF)
- Grant Application (PDF) (Disregard application deadline dates. Application is due 2/7).
- Budget Form (Excel download)
- Tree Species Worksheet (Excel download)
- Tree Planting Guidelines (PDF)
- Trees for the 21st Century Guide (PDF)
- ARB Priority Populations Map
- If your organization has a Treecovery Cycle 1 grant, you are ineligible to apply for Cycle 2
- Project certification: Applications do not require CAL FIRE approval/signature to submit to California ReLeaf. If selected, California ReLeaf will seek CAL FIRE approval for the project.
Got Questions? Attend Zoom Office Hours to ask the ReLeaf team about your project or the application process:
Wednesday – January 12 from 9am to 11am – Zoom Link (no need to register, just click this link to join)
Thursday – January 20 from 1pm to 3pm – Zoom Link (no need to register, just click this link to join)
These office hours are available for you to “drop in” at any time during the time windows. You do not need to attend the full two hours.