Our ReLeaf Network members are our greatest resource — they are the ones out there in the parks and streets with their watering buckets and drip line hoses; they are the ones helping get the word out in their local communities about how to best care for trees during drought. Network Members, thank you for all you do for California’s trees. Here’s what you can do to keep this campaign going:
- Spread the word: put the Save Our Water and Our Trees logo on your website, eNewsletter, and social media posts. Also put our “Top 5 Tips” for How To Save Your Trees — it’s crucial that we as an urban forestry community spread the same tips in order to eliminate confusion and strengthen our message!
- Watch the How-To videos and share them — via email, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites!
- Connect with a neighbor and share our Spanish-version drought resources!
- Download, print, and distribute this flyer in your local communities — at events, in water bill mailings, and more. Need a customized version? Just ask us.
- Join the conversation on Twitter using these hashtags: #saveourwater, #saveourwaterandourtrees, #CAdrought.
- Contact your local news sources and ask them to write a story about local trees in the drought — see some examples here. Or, write your own op-ed and send it in!
- Find the nearest free or cheap mulch supplier and share it with your friends and neighbors.
- Learn more about trees and drought so you can better inform everyone you come into contact with about protecting our valuable urban forest.