Resources for ReLeaf Network during COVID-19 Disruption
We recognize you are receiving a high volume of information about COVID-19 and public health. You may also be thinking about how your organization can continue providing services and prevent your nonprofit from becoming financially stressed. Below are some resources we have compiled about emergency relief funds for nonprofits from both state and federal, donors and fundraising, working remotely, and how to deal with stress.
- California Small Business Loan Guarantee Program (via IBank) $50 million in state funding, providing potential capital for individuals who do not qualify for federal funds.
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Webpage
- Forgivable loans on the way for Nonprofits from the two trillion dollars Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) signed by the president on 3/27/20. Loans are forgivable if the nonprofit or for-profit keeps staff on the payroll between March 1 and June 30, 2020.
- Paid Leave Information Provided by Federal Government News Article
- CalChamber Resources: This page provides links to CalChamber, federal, state and local resources.
- The Philanthropy California team vetted the list of response funds below to help you direct resources to the most vulnerable communities. They are updating their response funds list daily.
- Paper Wings: Navigating COVID-19 for Nonprofits
- River Network Pandemic Resources: including what to do if your fundraising event is canceled, and how to catch donors’ attention, and tips for working from home.
- Network for Good Resources: Here’s a list of blog posts, articles, webinars, and customer resources – check back as the Network For Good continues updating the page with more tips on fundraising in times of crisis.
- Philanthropy California’s disaster resilience team is coordinating with state agencies and partners to respond to the threat and potential impacts of COVID-19/Coronavirus. Check out their upcoming webinar events.
- Market Drops and Crisis: Fundraising Lessons and Your Lighthouse
- 5 Ways to Raise Money When Donors Are Consumed by Nonstop News
- Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies: Effective Remote Working.
- Forbes: Coronavirus Have You Working Remotely? 5 Tips To Work From Home
Tree Care in the time of COVID
We will continue to monitor updates about what the state considers an “essential activity,” especially in regards to tree care as we get closer to warmer temperatures. At this time we expect that all group tree planting activity will be put on hold until the fall.
Multi-Topic Info Sites
- Cal Chamber Resources: This page has podcasts on remote working and top resources for employers: Link to resources page.
- Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies: COVID-19 Resources