Rotary Club President Ian Riseley has set a challenge for 2017-18 to help support the environment by planting 1 tree per Rotary Club member by Earth Day 2018. This is a great legacy the Rotary Club can leave to show future generations their support for years to come.
California ReLeaf is supporting the Rotary Club in their efforts by providing various District Clubs with information about trees — from tree planting to watering and maintenance. In addition, Rotary Club chapters can work with ReLeaf’s Network of almost 100 organizations throughout the state to plant trees in your local community and develop a maintenance plan.Given the semi-arid climate in California, it is critical that you water and care for young trees, especially in the first 5 years after planting.
Tree Care Materials
- Tree Selection, Planting and Care resources.
- Tree Care Cue Cards in English & Spanish, useful if you are working in a bilingual community.
- Tree Watering videos
- As Californians, we need to conserve water and support trees. See tips about conserving water and helping your tree grow here.
- Why Trees? For information about how trees help your community.
- Here is a handout to learn the power of trees.
ReLeaf Network Member in Your Area
To find one of our Network organizations in your local community in order to partner on tree planting event, please visit our interactive map.
For more information:
Education & Communications Program Manager