Home | Registration | Schedule | Pico House | Plan Your Stay | Speakers | Sponsorship
We are pleased to offer a travel scholarship for our ReLeaf Network Members & California Urban Forests Council Members to attend the 2016 Power of Trees Conference & ReLeaf Network Retreat!
Who is eligible? Dues-paying members of the California ReLeaf Network and California Urban Forests Council are eligible for Travel Scholarships. You can pay dues for the calendar year 2016 online here to be eligible for the 2016 Travel Scholarship. Membership is a great deal — it practically covers the cost of your transportation! Students are also eligible.
How much is the scholarship? The scholarship will reimburse up to $500 for Northern California attendees, and up to $250 for Southern California attendees residing more than 60 miles from Pico House. These scholarships are intended to help defray travel costs.
What are the limits to the scholarship? One scholarship will be issued per organization. As limited funds are available, scholarships will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis — so apply today!
Please note: this scholarship does not cover registration. The non-profit registration rate essentially covers food costs.
As always, call us or email us with any questions.
California ReLeaf has reserved blocks of rooms at two different lodging options:
The LA Hotel is offering us rooms at a special rate $189/night. Limited government rate rooms are also available. As of July 26, room availability is limited — please call the hotel and use the codes LEAF or RELE to check availability on general conference and government employee lodging, respectively.
Stay On Main is a nearby hostel with rooms ranging from $90 per night if booked directly through California ReLeaf. Please call us at 916.497.0036 to check availability and reserve.
Both of these hotels are 20-25 minutes walking distance from Pico House, but you can take the DASH for easy transport from the hotels.
Don’t forget: tax exempt nonprofits are also exempt from most of the 15% taxes that are added on to Los Angeles room rates. Be ready to provide proper documentation.
Other nearby hotels include:
- Doubletree near City Hall
- Best Western in Chinatown
Transportation & Parking:
- BOLT Bus: Travel from Oakland, CA to Union Station in Los Angeles for $30!
- DASH: DASH provides frequent, inexpensive, and convenient bus service in downtown Los Angeles and in 27 neighborhoods all across the City. The far is only 50 cents a ride, 25 cents for seniors and the disabled. Check schedules online here!
- Uber: A popular ride-sharing option accessible from an easy-to-use app.
- Metro: Los Angeles’ above-ground light rail system.
- Amtrak: The conference is located right next to Union Station, making the train an excellent option for transportation in and out of Los Angeles.
- Shuttles: Several shuttle services run between Los Angeles area airports and downtown:
- Parking: Parking at El Pueblo supports Los Angeles History — all money from parking goes directly to keep this historic location in good shape and open to the public. Click the images below to download maps, lot availability times, and prices:
Los Angeles is home to an incredible array of culinary options — many of which are in walking distance to El Pueblo:
- El Paseo on Olvera Street
- La Luz del Dia on Olvera Street
- La Golondrina on Olvera Street
- Cielito Lindo on Olvera Street
- Angelitas and several others on Olvera
- Little Toyko
- Traxx at Union Station
- Numerous other options in Downtown LA
For those with a little extra time on their hands, be sure to check out one, two, or all of the following Los Angeles landmarks — each within 20 minutes of El Pueblo: