on March 26, 2012
2011 was a great year for California ReLeaf! We’re proud of our accomplishments and the accomplishments of our ReLeaf Network members. In 2011, we:
- Supported 17 significant urban forestry projects that provided California with 72,000 workforce hours supporting 140 jobs,
- Delivered important education to nonprofits and community organizations through our newsletter and annual conference,
- Sponsored successful legislation designating March 7 – 14 of every year as California Arbor Week, and
- Joined Network members to support legislation that extended the prevailing wage exception for volunteers through 2016.
Our Network members:
- Planted over 53,000 trees,
- Cared for over 122,000 trees,
- Held over 1,400 outreach events, and
- Engaged over 31,000 volunteers.